Wow. What a difference a year makes! Seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Vista Canyon’s groundbreaking. A lot has happened since July 9, 2015.
So far we have:
- Graded 90% of the entire site (all 85 developable acres of it), the first step in preparing for building homes, shops, offices, City park, open spaces, trails and more.
- Reinforced embankments with buried soil cement on both sides of the Santa Clara River and along the full length of the site; later we will replant with hearty natural local vegetation so that homes and people are protected and the habitat and natural flow of the river remain largely undisturbed.
- Constructed abutments (supports) for a future landmark entry bridge at Soledad Canyon Road into Vista Canyon’s Town Square.
- Installed storm drains and prepared “superpads” for apartment communities, the recycled water facility and for-sale homes.
- Completed design and construction drawings for Vista Canyon’s first creative office and retail building in Town Square, a uniquely beautiful 3-story structure by world-renowned architect Gensler, with construction start anticipated by early next year.
Check out our latest video to see for yourself. And while you’re at it, visit our cool new interactive land use map at vistacanyon.com to see where all this exciting work will head next!